Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack
Near Earth Autonomy is creating a future where autonomous flight is commonplace and safe. Our technology enables aircraft ranging in scale from sub-meter to full scale to autonomously transport and inspect. We are serious about system design, development, real-world testing, and delivering useful systems to customers. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help us realize this vision. Visit nearearth.aero to learn more about how you can help create the future of autonomous aviation.
Responsibilities and Duties
At Near Earth, the user experience/user interface (UX/UI) group produces user-facing applications to interface with flight autonomy systems. Such applications provide planning, mission execution, data management and visualisation capabilities to enable our customers and engineers to effectively operate and evaluate autonomy systems and to deliver valuable data products.
As a senior software engineer on the team, you will take an ownership role in the code base associated with a product, and be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the application stack.
We use Agile methodologies and human-centered design to build solutions from the ground up, so you’ll be working closely with robotics engineers, product managers, and other software engineers in iterative development cycles.
This position could be located in either our Pittsburgh, PA or Seattle, WA location.
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluency in back-end development, such as Python/Django
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Sqlite
- Knowledge of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with deployment to cloud services (AWS)
- Excellent track record of communicating with customers, implementing changes and delivering high-quality, finished products on-time
- Experience with design and implementation of novel applications and user interfaces
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 4-6 years of experience in software development
- Experience with front-end toolkits such as React or Vue
- Familiarity with 3-D scene graph libraries (three.js)
- Familiarity with mapping libraries (Google Maps, Leaflet, mapbox, Cesium, etc.)
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
- Familiarity with software dev ops tools (e.g. JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Usability Testing or User-Centered Design
- Ability to mentor and guide junior engineers
- Total compensation package compatible with qualification
- 401(k) plan
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life insurance; long-term and short-term disability benefits
Due to the nature of our federal contracts, this position is subject to successful completion of a background check.