Near Earth Autonomy is looking for engineers eager to create a future where autonomous aircraft are commonplace and safe. Our technology enables aircraft ranging in scale from sub-meter to full scale to autonomously inspect, map, survey, and transport. We are serious about system design, development, and real-world testing, and delivering to customers working, useful systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
Robotics engineers at Near Earth develop, refine, test, and deploy perception, motion planning, localization, mapping, SLAM, and calibration algorithms for aerial mobility and inspection applications. Platforms for these applications range from small quadcopters to full-size helicopters. Robotics Engineers can grow through increasing responsibility for component and system development or through leadership and mentorship roles as they gain experience.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, independent thinkers, passionate about state-of-the-art technology; also self-starting, empathetic team players, and strong communicators. The ideal candidate for this position can multitask effectively, is comfortable working on a quick development tempo, and most importantly enjoys bringing autonomy technology to life.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years’ industry or educational experience in robotics or autonomous flight domains
- Working knowledge of mobile robot systems suitable for integrating new software and diagnosing problems
- Good C++ design and programming skills
- Familiarity with software engineering practices and software development life cycle
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
Preferred Additional Skills
- Masters or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in one or more of the following robotics subject areas:
- Motion planning
- Computer vision / robotic perception
- State estimation
- Systems integration and test
- Experience with ROS or ROS2
- Experience with field testing of robotic systems
- Experience with aviation, including UAVs
- Experience designing modular, testable, and extensible C++ APIs
- Total compensation package compatible with qualification
- 401(k) plan
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life insurance; long-term and short-term disability benefits
Due to the nature of our federal contracts, this position is subject to successful completion of a background check.