Near Earth Autonomy is creating a future where autonomous flight is commonplace and safe. Our technology enables aircraft ranging from sub-meter to full-scale to autonomously inspect, map, survey, and transport. We are serious about system design, development, real-world testing, and delivering working, useful systems to customers.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
The Systems Engineer (SE) will be part of the systems engineering group, helping to produce custom aviation autonomy systems. This role will apply systems engineering practices to hardware and software coupled systems, with a focus on flight software. The SE will work closely with systems engineers, internal stakeholders, software developers, and internal system operators. The SE will help to refine systems processes and to enact them across release cycles for one or more advanced prototypes.
A summary of roles and responsibilities includes:
- Design assurance:
- Requirements definition and functional decomposition
- Requirements traceability
- System verification and validation
- System definition:
- Interface specification
- Configuration management
- Safety assurance:
- Safety case analysis and tracking
- Fault tree and failure modes and effects analysis
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant engineering field
- Industry experience participating in at least one complete product cycle, including definition, development, verification, and release
- Proficiency in a requirements tracking tool (e.g., DOORS, Jama) and MS Office applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in aviation, autonomous vehicles, or defense markets
- Experience in development of software products.
- Experience in documenting and modeling software systems via UML and other methods
- Experience in aviation certification
Due to the nature of Near Earth's funding, this position is restricted to US citizens.
- Compensation compatible with qualification
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid-time off and parental leave
- Life insurance, long-term and short-term disability benefit
Due to the nature of our federal contracts, this position is subject to successful completion of a background check.